I hope you enjoy my blog...if you do, please "follow" me! Also, I love it when you leave comments. It means a lot to me that you take the time to let me know what you think. XOXOXO...BettyShmetty

Monday, June 3, 2013

Frustration

Being 49 and trying to lose weight just plain sucks.  I have been working really hard every single day.  I have walked my ass off.  I have watched and logged all of my calories.  And still, the scale doesn't budge.  I am frustrated.  Really, right now, what I feel like doing is eating some cookies.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not doing one of those crazy strict diets where I never allow myself anything that isn't "perfect" diet food.  No.  I am simply logging everything that goes into my mouth on My Fitness Pal and then, I am exercising.  Mostly, I walk, although I would prefer to run.  I injured myself over a month ago (while running) and now I just can't seem to shake the calf injury to my left calf.  So I walk.  Really hard.  For miles.  Everyday.

I just feel like I should at least see a pound a week.  I'm not unrealistic.  Nor am I expecting miracles and magic weight loss.  It's supposed to be all in the numbers.  Calories in, calories out.  I just don't understand why I can go for weeks with no changes in the number.

I am frustrated.  But I'm still walking.

2 comments:

browsingtheatlas.com said...

I am in the same situation. I eat right, walk, and dance, but nothing. My son says I need to add weight lifting, but for some reason, I resist. It's just so boring to me! Plus,, I hate having sore muscles. But guess I'd better give in and do it if I want some results. :(

Anonymous said...

Take your son's advice - add weight training along with some agility moves. As we age we tend to lose our balance, so the agility stuff is really beneficial. Do squats on a balance ball. The weight training doesn't have to be heavy on machines or free weights. Start by doing planks. Do sit ups on a balance ball while holding a medicine ball. Do arm and leg work using a stretch band. Add similar moves. Warm up with a quick 10 min brisk walk. Do your weight/ agility stuff for 30 min. Then walk or swim for 45. At 57 I trained for a ten day, 100 mile hike in the mountains of NM doing the above routine. It worked! I lost weight easily, got strong and lost my middle, my jiggly arms, my love handles, and my saggy neck. Try it!